AS6081 AEROSPACE MANAGEMENT
A growing number of fraudulent/counterfeit electronic parts are entering the supply chain, especially when purchasing parts not from the Original Component Manufacturers (OCMs), or their authorised agents.
The AS6081 standard was created in response to a significant and increasing volume of fraudulent/counterfeit electronic parts entering the aerospace supply chain, posing significant performance, reliability, and safety risks.
The AS6081 standard establishes requirements and practices to mitigate the risk of buying, receiving and selling fraudulent/counterfeit parts therefore giving your customers confidence in their own supply chain.
The standard builds upon your current AS9100 or AS9120 certification and brings in additional requirements to make your management system more robust. When applying for AS6081 you do not need to have a separate audit to your current AS9100 or AS9120 certification assessment, our auditors are trained to perform integrated assessments reducing costs and time required.
The main requirements include:
• Counterfeit Mitigation Policy
• Counterfeit Electronics Parts Control Plan
• Verification of purchased products
• Supply Chain Traceability
• Reporting and control of parts
• Personnel training
AS6081 Certificate helps the organization:
- Respond to fraudulent/counterfeit electronic parts
- Maintain an avoidance protocol
- Detection, mitigation and disposition of counterfeit electronic parts
- Mitigate purchasing and supplying risks
- Standardizing requirements, practices and methods
- Manage suppliers and procurement
Note: NQA are the only Certification Body in the world currently providing AS6081 certification.