ISO 45001 BS OHSAS 18001 HEALTH AND SAFETY MANAGEMENT
OHSAS 18001 is one of the International Standard for Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems. It provides a framework for the effective management of OH&S including all aspects of risk management and legal compliance. It addresses occupational health and safety rather than any specific product safety matters.
Please note: OHSAS 18001 has been replaced by ISO 45001 – published on 12th March 2018, the new international standard for occupational health and safety management systems (OHSMS).
Whilst you can still apply for OHSAS 18001 certification, we would advise you look at ISO 45001 as it will be easier to align with other ISO standards. If you’re unsure which standard is best for you, contact us and we can discuss your requirements.
Migrating to ISO 45001
Watch our pre-recorded webinar for a presentation on how the ISO 45001 standard will change the way occupational health and safety management systems are implemented and certified.
Terry Fisher, OHSMS Assessor, explains:
• The structure of the standard and introduction to Annex SL
• The key concepts of ISO 45001 and the migration timeline
• New terminology and important definitions introduced in ISO 45001
• The main differences between the requirements of OHSAS 18001 and ISO 45001
ISO 45001:2018 Certificate helps the organization:
- Identify workplace hazards and implement effective preventive controls
- Prevent injury and ill-health among your workforce
- Reduce the risk of lost time accidents and ill-health, therefore saving costs
- Evaluation of compliance with applicable legislative requirements
- Improves the safety culture
- Identify areas for training and competency requirements
- Assist with pre-qualification processes from your customers
- Promote corporate responsibility