ISO 45001:2018 Health & Safety Management System
The ISO 45001 standard “Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems – Requirements with Guidance for Use”, provides a robust and effective set of processes for improving work safety in global supply chains. Designed to help organizations of all sizes and industries, the new International Standard is expected to reduce workplace injuries and illnesses around the world.
In these times of rising awareness of the importance of occupational health and safety (OH&S), which includes increasingly strict legislation governing those areas, many organizations want to improve their OH&S practices and avoid OH&S issues. Intermittent “reviews” or “audits,” conducted on an annual or semi-annual basis, can provide a snapshot assessment of an organization’s legal and policy compliance. However, these reviews are not sufficient to provide assurance that an organization will continue to meet its legal and policy obligations. To get that kind of guarantee, companies need a structured OH&S management system that works within their organization every day, not just a few times a year.
Using our Proven Consulting Approach, VISION ISO has the knowledge and expertise to help organizations achieve ISO 45001 certification for the first time, add ISO 45001 certification to an existing one, or migrate from the old OHSAS 18001 to the new ISO 45001:2018 version. If you’re looking for an ISO 45001 consultant, contact us to learn about our process.
ISO 45001 is based on OHSAS 18001, along with various other national standards. ISO 45001 replaces OHSAS 18001, the world’s former reference for workplace health and safety.
VISION ISO provide specifies requirements for occupational health and safety management systems and a framework that allows an organization to consistently:
- Identify and control its occupational health and safety risks
- Reduce the potential for accidents
- Help achieve compliance with health and safety legislation
- Continually improve its Occupational, Health & Safety Performance
- Hazard & Risk identification related to Health & Safety
- Framework for identifying High Risk Activities
- Occupational, Health & Safety Management Programme
- Training, awareness and competence Building
- Operational control
- Emergency preparedness and response
- Measurement of organizational Health & Safety performance
- Organizational commitment towards Occupational Health & Safety Improvement
- Develop internal system about Occupational Health & Safety Hazard and Risk from process and product
- Develop Occupational Health & Safety Monitoring Plan covering stage of inspections required to control manufacturing or service delivery process to eliminate, reduce or control health hazards and safety risks.
- HIRA (Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment).
- Increase community faith and stake holder confidence
- Reduce legal obligation related to product, service delivery such as Factory Act, Factory Rules
- Global market access in terms of export and global recognition
- Independent of personal competency and high reliability on Occupational Health & Safety management system.